Monday, May 31, 2010

Cool Runnings

So there has been some BIG news which I can't believe I haven't shared yet! My friends I and got into the Nike San Francisco Women's marathon!! I'm so So SO excited about this! After all, any race where a fireman dressed in a tuxedo hands you a Tiffany necklace at the end is bound to be good, right?! The race is in October, and training officially kicked off last week. You remember what it was like out last week? 30+ degrees and sunny everyday? Yeah. We were running in that weather. Which I'll admit, is slightly ridiculous. You know the evenings run is going to be unpleasant when the 4 minute walk from the subway station to the Running Room seems unbearable...

Thus began my quest to find running gear that I could be comfortable in as the mercury continues to climb. My new favourite so far? Lululemon's "I Just Wanna Run Tech SL" tank top. This tank has a great loose fit which I love, because really, there is nothing worse then having tight clothes stuck on you when it's a thousand degrees out. It comes in fun bright colours. And the fabric is super duper light weight. So you barely feel it at all. It's almost like you're not wearing a shirt at all! Now if I can just find shorts that feel the same way..

2 comments: