Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Accessory DIY


I have a love for big bold accessories. The only problem with big bold accessories is that they can have a big bold price tag to go along with them. I love walking the around the beautiful glass display cases at Holt Renfrew, admiring the bright and beautiful pieces that would cost me half a months rent. Clearly, I am NOT about to spend half a months rent on a couple of bracelets. Especially not when I can make a couple for about $20. The other week I was at The Paper Place on my lunch break and picked up a couple of plan wood bracelets. They have samples there with Japanese paper Mod Podged on to them. Really pretty. But even prettier were the strips of hand dyed ribbon. All the I needed to do was glue one end of the ribbon to the inside of the bracelet and carefully wrap the ribbon around, finally securing the end with a little more glue inside. Presto! Instant big bold accessory! And I can still afford to pay my rent!

No comments:

Post a Comment