Saturday, June 5, 2010

Protect your fruit!

Nothing makes me sadder then a bruised piece of fruit. Ok... That may be a slight exaggeration. But bottom line, I love fruit, hate when it's bruised. And it happens without you even realizing it. You pop a perfect banana into your bag in the morning. Then when you take it out in the afternoon, it's not so perfect anymore. For a while, I thought this was just a problem I had. Perhaps my bag was just somehow REALLY hard on fruit. Something I was just going to have to accept and deal with. That was until I discovered fruit guards. Fantastic plastic containers, shaped like the particular fruit in question, designed to protect your produce from getting banged up with travelling. I have one for bananas and one for pears/apples. Now WARNING. While I love these things, they do not look "cool". In fact they look anything but cool. The banana cover in particular looks quite ridiculous - and depending who you ask, possibly sexual (guys I've worked with have teased me endlessly about the banana guard). But I promise you, if you can get past the nerdiness (which I can), these little babies are awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment