Thursday, September 30, 2010

Is it still a signature scent if I have three?

I know it's possible to have a signature scent. But are you allowed to have three? Because I just can't make up my mind. You see, smelling good is sort of an obsession of mine. The idea of smelling bad terrifies me. (As someone who rides the TTC everyday, I know this is not a fear everybody shares...) But I've never been a fan traditional perfumes. They all smell the same to me. Too perfume-y. You know what I mean? That sort of over powering, strong floral smell? I really don't like it. Thankfully, over the years I've been able to find perfumes that smell perfectly amazing. Here are my three signature scents:

1. Clean - The name says it all. This line of perfumes smell clean. Like beautiful soap. There are many different smells in the Clean family of products. I LOVE pretty much all of them. But if I had to pick a favourite it would have to be Provence. It's light, crisp, fresh, and well Clean! You can buy Clean products at Sephora.

2. Lollia - If I'm going to wear a floral scent, it's going to be Breathe No 19 by Lollia. The scent is really lovely and light, not over powering at all. Very feminine. And the bottle is really really pretty. I can't remember where I last bought this stuff, but I'm fairly certain I've seen it at Anthropologie and Teatro Verde.

3. Satsuma - My friend Katie would likely argue that this one should be considered my signature. Only because I've been wearing it since high school. Back when Body Shop perfume oils were all I could afford. To this day I still love the warm citrusy scent. But only use a drop or two. This stuff can be very strong, especially if you apply it your pulse points (the warmth of your body intensifies the smell)

1 comment:

  1. I used to wear Satsuma back in the day! I was obsessed with all things Body Shop in the 90s!!

    ReplyDelete