Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A little weeknight DIY

I'm a gal who likes to keep busy. I LOVE having little projects to do. And if said projects allow me to be creative or get a little messy, all the better! Ever since I moved into my new apartment in January, decorating it has been my little pet project. I have all the basic pieces that I need: bed, comfy couch (thank you Sibs and Steve), comfy chair (thank you Holly and Jason) table and chairs (thank you Ikea). But there are a couple pieces of accent furniture that I'd wanted to replace - side tables and a night stand. I have been searching high and low for a cute bed side table. Nothing too big or too formal looking. Just something I can put my fabulous reading lamp on as well as a clock, a book, and maybe one or two cute decor items. I didn't think this was asking too much. But it was proving to be quite the challenge. About 2 months ago I was looking for a place to put my cute little Ikea wooden step ladder, so I decided to use it as my bed side table until I could find a suitable replacement. Well wouldn't you know it, but this little ladder was absolutely perfect as a table! I couldn't find any actual bed side tables that I liked better (at least none in my price range). All this thing needed was a little TLC. Enter a can of Benjamin Moore Ruby Red paint. Last week painting this little ladder became my after work project. Within 2 nights it was done. The perfect little accent table for my bedroom. Now I'm just searching for the next project to get my eager little hands on!

No comments:

Post a Comment