Monday, April 26, 2010

Yummy in my tummy!

My lovely friends Sibylle and Steve recently invited me over for a BBQ. I always jump at the chance to have dinner at their house. These two foodies have a beautiful kitchen and love for cooking, so the "eats" are ALWAYS fabulous. As this was a BBQ I had been invited to, I expected to see burgers and hot dogs. Boy was I mistaken! In a GOOD way. Upon my arrival, to my utter delight, my dinner plate was quickly filled with grilled zucchini, baked potato, the BEST BEST BEST steak I have EVER had (cooked perfectly by Steve) and this really good edamame salad. The meal was delicious. I wish I could eat it all day, every day. But sadly, I don't have a BBQ (nor the food budget to buy steaks that amazing). But what I can make is the edamame salad. Granted, it's not a steak, but it was really really good. And as I discovered the other day, really really easy to make.

Cook edamame (not in the pods) according to package directions. In a large bowl mix together cooled edamame, cut cherry tomatoes, a small amount of finely chopped red onion, a bunch of roughly chopped cilantro, lemon zest, juice of one lemon, splash of red wine vinegar and splash of olive oil. The amounts of each item aren't exact. You can alter depending on personal taste. Just make sure you have enough of the liquids to lightly coat (but not drown) everything. Prepared like that, this salad makes a great little side dish. I decided to pump it up a little and added quinoa for a more substantial lunch option. Either way, it's delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment