Sunday, July 18, 2010

Montreal, je t'aime!

So I had taken a little blogging break. I needed to restore my "creative" juices. (And find new things to write about!) So last week I took a much needed little vacay to Montreal to visit friends Lindsay and David. So for this post I present The Little Honey Bee - Montreal addition! I had SUCH a good time while there. Fun. Relaxing. L + D really know how to show a girl a good time! Should you be lucky enough to find yourself in Montreal for a couple days you must check out the Atwater market. Filled with beautiful pastry shops, fruit and vegetable stands, and cheese shops (on the cheese shops!).

The next stop, rent a Bixi Bike. For $5 you can rent the bike for a day. They can be picked up and dropped off at spots all over the city. Oh how I wish Toronto had these little babies! They were SO much fun. Well maintained, cheap and a GREAT way to get around the city. Exercise and sight seeing all in one!

We rode the bikes over to Old Montreal and after walking around the old streets a little bit settled onto a shady patch of grass in the Old Port where we unpacked our little picnic. Baguette, cheese, olives, tomatoes, plums, cherries and wine! It made for a fantastic little feast.

Sigh. It was such a fantastic trip. I can't wait to go back and visit Linds and David again. Montreal, je t'aime!!

and now that I've started blogging again, hopefully my lovely (and supportive) family won't gimme a hard time anymore! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment