Monday, July 19, 2010

Paris, je t'aime

I blame Montreal. My recent visit has reignited my love of all things French. Movies. Music. Clothing. If I close my eyes I can see myself on an old fashion bicycle in a stripped shirt cruising the streets of Paris while Edith Piaf plays in the background. Padam, Padam, Padam... sigh. Sadly I have never been to Paris. It's probably not like that at all. But a girl can dream!

And while I can't go to Paris (well at least not any time soon) I can watch my dream city in the movies. If you haven't seen 2 of my all time favs, you simply MUST! First up is Amelie. I. LOVE. THIS. MOVIE. I love everything about it. The story, the acting, the music. Everything about it is charming and delightful. You can not help but smile while watching this film. Every time I watch it I want to BE Amelie. I silently curse the fact that I am not a tiny charming French girl! Amelie's Paris is what Paris in my head is like. Perfection...

My other favourite Paris film is Paris, je t'aime. The film weaves together short 5 minute stories by 20 different filmmakers. The common theme: love in Paris. Some of the stories are silly, some sad, some charming, some just plain strange. But all are very entertaining. They made a similar film with my other favourite city (New York) as the background, but this original is MUCH better.

So slap on a beret, grab a baguette and some wine and enjoy two movies about a city I really need to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment