Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bottoms up!

A couple years ago my best friends introduced me to what has become my favourite drink - the Aperol Spirtz. It's orangey, a little tart, a little bitter, not to sweet, and very refreshing. But you could really only get them at certain italian restaurants. (We always get them at Terroni's) You couldn't buy Aperol in Canada, and believe me, we searched. At best there was a store in New York that sold it. Not exactly convenient. When I was in San Francisco we found a fancy gourmet food store that carried it and I immediately grabbed a bottle. Then lugged that bottle around for a couple hours. Then had to carefully pack the bottle in my suitcase and pray that it did not break on the flight. All this only to discover the LCBO now carries the stuff! Sheesh!! Oh well, this stuff was well worth all the effort, and now I don't need to ration it!

To make my beloved Aperol Spirtz combine 2oz. of champagne or sparkling wine, 1.5oz. of Aperol, a splash of Soda, ice and a slice of orange. Stir and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment