Tuesday, November 2, 2010

What have I been missing?!

Growing up, we did not eat garlic. My mom and sister both have a rather severe allergy to it. It wasn't until I was well into my 20's and living on my own that I really started cooking with garlic. I had become so used to omitting it from recipes that I didn't really think I was missing much. Then I tried roasted garlic. Amazing! I could eat clove after clove of this stuff! It's great mashed and spread on a thick slice of toasted bread (best garlic bread ever!). Much milder and sweeter then raw garlic, it's fantastic in soups and sauces. And SUPER easy to make! But be warned - a good ventilation system in your kitchen is highly recommended. While I was making this my little apartment smelled like roasting garlic for about an hour.

Ms. Martha Stewart has a great recipe you can find here.

1 comment: