Friday, March 19, 2010

I'm a sucker for a good accent

My friends and I are goofs. We like to have goofy fun. Sometimes this fun takes on the form of silly accents. It's not uncommon for us to pretend to be British. And I like to think uur British accents are pretty good! Ok, they're actually probably pretty terrible, but we love them.

Another type of accent that I love? Accent walls (nice segway non?). When I moved into my new apartment earlier this year, I decided to paint. Typically, I like to have colour on all my walls. And colourful art. And colourful accessories. (I like colour) The problem with this however is that after a while it starts to feel like a crayon box exploded in my home. So this time around I decided to tone it down a little. I went with white walls. Benjamin Moore's Snow White in fact. It was recommended to me by my cousin Holly. Excellent recommendation. It's clean. Crisp. Bright. LOVE it. But... I couldn't have every wall white. I needed a little injection of colour. Enter the accent wall! The colour in my bedroom is my favourite. It's called Excalibur (again by Benjamin Moore). In daylight it looks cool and grey. At night, it turns smoky purple. It adds just the right amount of POP!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, me too! The weekend I painted it I would walk into my bedroom just to smile at the wall!

    ReplyDelete