Monday, August 24, 2009

For the days when you need to hit Snooze...



I am not a morning person. I wish I was. But no. The main reason I'm not a morning person is because I love sleeping. LOVE sleep! Have actually been guilty of "sleeping the day away". And while this sort of lazy behaviour is (at least in my opinion) acceptable on weekends, it is most certainly not acceptable on weekdays. Nope, on weekdays we have to go to work. Which means needing to look put together and appropriate. Urgh... If only that didn't take so long! As I've mentioned (see previous post) I have heavy thick straight hair. It takes forever to wash, and even longer to dry and style. Having to go through this process everyday can be exhausting. I had always heard people say that it's actually not good for your hair to wash it everyday. That apparently your hair is supposed to look better the day after washing it - natural oils etc. I liked this idea in theory, but in reality it never worked for me. My hair would start the day looking good, but by lunch time I looked like I was trying to achieve that "heroine chic" look. Most certainly NOT put together and work appropriate...

But all that changed after I read an article about Dry Shampoo. These products get used in place of water and liquid shampoo (hence the "dry" part). Here are a few of the ones I've tried:

Ojon Rub Out Dry Cleaner - This one comes in an easy to use spray can. It's super quick and odor free. I liked it

Bumble and Bumble Hair Powder - The cool thing about this one is that it comes in different colours that you match to your hair colour. However, I had a little trouble with this. It could be that I sprayed to much in, but I noticed that if I touched my hair I'd have brown hair powder on my finger tips. Having said that, this product gets great reviews from many websites, so maybe I just need to practice my technique.

Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo - This one is my personal favourite. Instead of a spray, it comes in a loose powder, making it really easy to control the amount you are applying. It has a yummy light lemony scent and it really does make your hair look and feel clean! I love it some much, I think I may use it tomorrow morning. Looks like I'll be able to hit snooze a couple more times...

No comments:

Post a Comment