Saturday, August 29, 2009

Get them before they're gone!

Run. Don't walk. I don't know how long these will be in season. But I have a feeling their time is coming to an end. And you really don't want to miss out on them. Because they are good. Good. GOOD! These are not any ordinary cherry tomatoes. I had always thought that the taste of a cherry tomato was pretty standard. I would buy them at the grocery store, and they were slightly sweet. Then last year my eyes were opened to how good cherry tomatoes fresh on the vine are. Friends of mine had started growing a little tomato plant on the balcony of their condo. Their tomatoes were amazing! To think that I had been missing out on these. If only I could eat these little babies all the time! Well thank goodness for Whole Foods. I was browsing the produce section one weekend and saw boxes and boxes of these little tomatoes (and they were still on their vines! extra cute) I bought a huge bag of them, thinking they would last the week. I think they lasted two days. I could not stop eating them! They were like candy. I'm hooked. You can find them at Whole Foods and Harvest Wagon. But get there before I do, or you may not get any...

No comments:

Post a Comment