Saturday, August 22, 2009

Ladies who Brunch

I love Brunch. Like LOVE it. By far, my favourite meal of the day. And really what is there not to love about it. You get to sleep in, have delicious breakfast type foods, and it's completely acceptable to have alcohol! 

Here is a list of my favourite brunch spots:

Fire of the East Side - Any place where pretty male waiters bring fresh banana bread to the table while you wait for your meal is alright in my books!  The service is fantastic and so is the food. My favourite dish is the Spicy Rosemary Potato Turkey Hash: poached eggs, hollandaise, turkey, potatoes, peppers and cheese. Sign me up! Even the side salad of candied walnuts and mixed greens is to die for.

The Swan - Part Queen West hipster, part old school diner. I discovered this place by accident. I was supposed to have brunch with a male friend. I wanted to go to a healthy food place. He took one look at the menu and vetoed. So we walked a little down the street, hungrily searching for an alternative restaurant. We then saw the Swan. The menu was much more "boy friendly". We both ordered French Toast stuff with cheese and ham. As we devoured our meals he sat there with a smug smile on his face. He knew because of his "man-ish ways" I'd found a new favourite breakfast spot. My all time favourite dish is the Huevos rancheros. I don't think it's on the regular menu, but they always seem to have it as one of the specials when I go. But get there early. The place is small and fills up fast!

The Rebel House - A Rosedale gem! I LOVE this restaurant. I've been for lunch, drinks, and dinner (not in the same day, but believe me, I've been tempted!). But Brunch there is the best! They even manage to make yogurt and granola an indulgent treat. I've had most things on the menu and love them all. Best yet, the prices are very reasonable (especially considering the neighbourhood). I had the pleasure of eating there with friends this morning, and as I hope these photos will prove, we had a fantastic meal! I got the Rebellion Eggs (eggs benny) with half Kettle fries, half house salad (a great option that lets you feel like you're being healthy!). My friend got the Franglaise Toast. Mmmmmm.....




1 comment:

  1. oh my - that looks awesome! You are starting to make me wish I lived in TO again!!!

    ReplyDelete