Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's Grrrrrr-eat!

My cooking spree is still going strong. More and more I wonder why I would ever consider buying something that I could make myself - from scratch!

I've made this granola many many times. It's an Ina Garten recipe, so you know it's going to be good! Whose Ina Garten you ask? (and if you have to ask, we may not be able to be friends anymore, plus I've blogged about her previously, so there's really no excuse). She is the Barefoot Contessa, also known as one of my favourite chefs. She is my queen of home cooked comfort food. And not only are her recipes delicious, but they are also easy. Like this granola. You can make it in large or small batches, and adjust the nuts and fruits to your personal taste. I also like to add a dash of cinnamon to mine. Sprinkled on top of non-fat plain yogurt it is the perfect fast and healthy breakfast - much better then anything you'll find at Starbucks!

Click here for the recipe

p.s. When I met Ina at a book signing a couple years ago we talked about this granola!


2 comments:

  1. Your homemade granola looks delicious!It is much better than anything you can buy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And believe me, tastes even better then it looks!!

    ReplyDelete