Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Summer of Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll!

I love having great books to read in the Summer. But I usually want something on the lighter side. One Summer I read The Incredible Lightness of Being. I can assure you, there is nothing "light" about that book! But I can't do the "chick lit" thing. (The last time I was at my parents house I decided to read Something Borrowed to help me fall asleep. I became enraged instead!) But this Summer I think I've found the perfect alternatives. First up is East Riders, Raging Bulls, a fascinating book about how the New Hollywood of the 70's saved the movie industry. It's page after page of insider stories about some of the most iconic films ever made. It's got the drugged up craziness of Denis Hooper. The bed hopping of Warren Beatty. And is anyone cooler the Jack Nicholson? I think not.

Next, it's Furious Love, the story of Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor. I am VERY excited to start reading this book. Last month Vanity Fair published sections from the book and it is a REAL page turner. Those two drank hard, fought hard and loved hard. Who needs Brangelina when you've got these two!

2 comments:

  1. I saw the title and thought that this would be about you!

    How disappointing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Oh Adam... You should know me better then that!

    ReplyDelete