Saturday, August 7, 2010

Letting the market speak to me

In the Summer months I love going to the fruit market with absolutely no plans of what I want to make. I let the produce "speak to me". I buy what looks good. Figuring out what to make as I go along. Last weekend EVERYTHING looked good! The fact that I had been running for over 3 hours may have had something to do with that! It was hard to restrain myself. But I decided to make a fresh bean salad and roasted potatoes.

The bean salad was SUPER easy to make and SUPER tasty. If you only add the vinaigrette right before serving you can make this in a large batch and enjoy it all week! Here is the recipe:

- yellow beans
- green beans
- thinly sliced radishes

For the vinaigrette:
- 3 parts olive oil
- 1 part rice wine vinegar
- 1 part sesame oil
- sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds
- good pinches of fresh ginger and garlic
- salt and pepper to taste

Blanch the beans then toss with the radishes. Mix together the vinaigrette and lightly dress the beans. Eat and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the bean salad recipe! I've been getting a lot of beans in my weekly CSA fruit and veggie share. Have just been cooking them up and throwing them in a salad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's also really nice with some sliced avocado!

    ReplyDelete