Sunday, August 8, 2010

Why can't everyday be Saturday?

Stress free Saturday morning breakfasts are the BEST! This weekend I wanted to make waffles for Sibylle and Steve (they make me dinner ALL the time!) Any good waffle needs a good topping. The three of us are trying to eat healthier, so I thought a warm apple compote would do the trick.

The results? Amazing! The apples have the perfect sweet/tart balance and are perfect on top of the waffles. This compote is also delicious on ice cream or plain yogurt (should you feel like being healthy!)

Just like all food I love, the apple compote is SUPER easy to make:

Cook chopped apples with a pinch of sugar and cinnamon, squeeze of lemon and a little water. The apples take about 15-20 minutes to cook through and start to break down. Mash slightly for a more apple sauce like texture. This compote is also great pears.

So what do you drink with homemade waffles and apple compote? Homemade lattes of course! While I prepped the food, Sibs whipped up these fantastic drinks. She's even working on her foam art

I'm not sure, but I think this little fellow was supposed to be Steve...

If only every morning could be so tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment