Monday, August 2, 2010

I'm Tee'd off!

I have loved running for a few years now. I still love it. Will always love it. But it's not "new" to me anymore. Yes, the marathon distance is new. And I can certainly improve my run times. But it's still just running. For the most part, I know what I'm doing now. (Though at times that is up for debate!) I was starting to feel like I needed a new challenge. Enter golf! Sibylle had decided to learn this summer so she could play with Steve. She asked if I'd be interested in taking lessons with her. Always up for something new, I agreed! And what fun it has become! We signed up for lessons at the Dentonia golf course in Scarborough. It could not be more convenient, right outside of the Victoria Park subway station. The lessons were great (VERY reasonably priced). We got instruction from a very patient golf pro once a week for an hour. The funniest was when he'd watch us take a few swings. We look up, eager to hear what he had to say. His usual comment - "Ummm... okay...." then he'd walk away. It was hilarious. But thankfully, my swing has gotten better. I can't wait to go out and play a round.

One of the BEST parts, this has opened up a whole new world of fun equipment/apparel! Polo shirts and golf gloves?! Yes please!

Four!

No comments:

Post a Comment