Monday, August 9, 2010

Summer in a bowl

The other weekend I had dinner at my friends Traven and Kristin's new house. It was a beautiful summer evening. We ate on their fantastic third floor patio. But the beautiful summery setting was no much for the beautiful summer meal Kristin made. We started with a wonderful bowl of chunky cool gazpacho. I can not remember the last time I tasted something so fresh and amazing. It was like a big bowl of Summer! Tasted delightful AND super healthy! The next day I had to email Kristin for the recipe, which she was kind enough to pass along to me. I knew Sibs would love this as much as I did, so we decided to make some on Saturday for dinner. With the help of the food processor, it took us about 5 minutes to make.

I only wish there was a smell feature on this blog. Because it smells incredible! So good in fact that we kept sticking our heads in the fridge while it was cooling just to get a good sniff! If you're looking for a fast, delicious and SUPER healthy summer meal, I absolutely recommend making Kristin's gazpacho:

- 6-8 ripe tomatos
- 1 cucumber (seeds and skin removed)
- 1 red pepper
- about 1/2 cup onion (green, red or white, they're all good)
- 1 clove of garlic
- about 1/4 cup olive oil (more if it's a bit bitter)
- about 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- parsley (optional)
- salt and pepper


No comments:

Post a Comment