Monday, February 22, 2010

Dreams of GOLD!

I've got a fever. Olympic fever!! I've become a crazy, patriotic, maple leaf wearing, Oh Canada singing, gold medal weeping Olympic freak. I'm now obsessed with watching sports I've never been that into. And SUPER obsessed with sports that I LOVE. Like figure skating. Last week Lindsay and I watched the Men's Long Program together. (Linds is a HUGE Patrick Chan fan) I wore my Canada hoodie. Lindsay wore the BEST outfit EVER! An actual figure skating dress!

Lindsay you see, used to compete in figure skating. I am rather envious of this, as it was always my secret childhood dream to be a professional figure skater. I had the whole scenario scripted in my head. I was a relative new comer who burst out onto the scene. In my first Olympic appearance. The competition would be tough. I was the underdog. In the short program I would stumble, placing me fourth going into the long program. But this was where I wanted to be. I would be the last to skate that night. The Russian skater (we'll call her Natasha) who was currently in first would skate before me. Natasha was good. Almost perfect. But a stumble on her last jump would leave me some room. I'd take to the ice. The music would start - something classical and dramatic. My first jump would be a triple triple combo. I'd jump them high and land them perfectly. Towards the end of the program, I'd pull out my big surprise. Knowing that it was all or nothing. I'd throw in a quad! Four perfect rotations. Perfect landing. The first woman ever to land a quad in competition! The crowd would erupt! The TV announcers would go crazy. The performance of my life. My scores would come up - 6.0, 6.0 6.0 5.8 (that Russian judge is tough!). I'd be in first place. GOLD MEDAL!!

Now, I sadly will never get to live out this dream. But I am so happy to cheer on the efforts of our actual athletes. I hope your watching! GO CANADA!!

(The photo is Linds in her skating dress. I'd like it noted that all the male skaters had more glitter then she did. She also managed to land a single axel in her apartment. Yeah. She's awesome!)

No comments:

Post a Comment