Sunday, February 7, 2010

My new favourtie

So I've mentioned previously my LOVE of fresh flowers. It's great to have a nice pop of fresh lively colour in the dead of winter. The only problem? They don't always last that long. Depending on the type, sometimes only a couple of days. So I'm always happy when I can add a new bloom to the list of long-lasters. But I was VERY surprised to discover that orchids were such a flower. I had always assumed that orchids were super expensive, very delicate and died quickly. I was apparently very wrong. I'm told that potted orchids actually last a really long time and are relatively easy to care for. Cut orchids are much the same. I've had the ones pictured above in a small vase of water for almost 2 weeks now. And they still look gorgeous! The best part, they only cost $5.99!

No comments:

Post a Comment