Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mashed Potato Mountain!!

Thanksgiving is my favourite holiday. You get to enjoy quality time with your family without the stress of Christmas gifts. And of course there is the food! I am fortunate to have aunts and cousins who are amazing chefs. Thanksgiving dinner with my family is the BEST! One of my favourite Thanksgiving menu items is my Mom's mashed potatoes. They are not your ordinary mashed potato. We take them up a few notches! I believe she got this recipes years ago from a Canadian Living cookbook. The recipe is pretty simple. Peel, chop, boil and mash a bunch of potatoes. Then add equal amounts of sour cream and cream cheese. (the amount depends on the amount of potatoes) Add enough to make the potatoes creamy but not soupy. Then you add finely chopped green onions, a little poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. The potatoes are rich and delicious!

While it's too late to make them for Thanksgiving this year, definitely consider making them for Christmas. You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment