Tuesday, October 13, 2009

There's a hole in this cake!

I love bundt cakes. They're tasty and super easy to make. And I like the word Bundt. Bundt! And when you use a fancy cake pan, people are often very impressed. I once took a bundt cake to a BBQ attended by many boys. Several of them thought I had actually carved out the design by hand. I decided not to correct them and instead continued to let them think I was some sort of genius cake sculpture.

This year for Thanksgiving I brought my favourite bundt cake for dessert. This recipe comes courtesy of my beloved domestic goddess Martha Stewart. Click here for the recipe. The GREAT thing about this recipe is that it's so versatile. You can do it with lemons and blueberries. Or lemon and raspberries. Or orange and raspberries. To finish it, you can drizzle it with a glaze, or dust it with icing sugar. I went the icing sugar dusting route this time. My six year old little cousin helped me dust it before serving. She then told everyone that she made the cake. I decided not to correct her...

No comments:

Post a Comment