Friday, October 2, 2009

Get a great hand job

Not that kind of hand job! Get your minds out of the gutter people. I'm talking about manicures! I don't get manicures very often. They are a rare treat reserved for special occasions (or if I'm feeling fancy). So if I'm going to have my nails done, I want the polish to last longer then a couple of days. That's why I go to Lux Hand and Foot Spa. It's a beautiful, serene little space in Yorkville. They are the only place in Toronto that I know of that uses a waterless manicure method. When you soak your nails in water, you actually weaken the nail. Your nail absorbs the water, expanding and then contracting as it dries, causing the polish to chip. When I get my nails done at Lux the polish lasts for at least 7 days. And they give fantastic hand massages! Talk about a happy ending... ;)

(Today I chose Ballet Slippers. Beautiful soft neutral pink)

No comments:

Post a Comment