Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It's not Botox, but at least you'll be able to move your face...

Aging. Urgh. It's not that I mind the whole getting older thing. With it comes wisdom right? And character. However, why must wisdom also come with wrinkles? Not to say that I'm a crinkled old lady (Not yet anyway!). For goodness sakes I'm only 27. Which is why I'm all about prevention. And while I'd love to be able to slather my face with Creme de la Mer (a celebrity favourite), at approximately $250.00 (U.S) for 2.0 oz, it's definitely not in my price range. Thankfully there are cheaper alternatives. Shoppers Drug Mart offers great Life Brand individual application facials (I'm wearing one as I type this...). My favourite is the Microdermabrasion facial. It's a two part process. First the scrub/facial then a moisturizer. Are they cheap? You bet. Under $3.00. Do they work. I sure think so. The first time I tried the Micro dermabrasion facial it was because I was fretting over what I believed to be a gigantic forehead wrinkle. I used it before going to bed and when I woke up I saw a noticeable difference. Now, is it possible that the wrinkle was exaggerated in my mind? Sure. But for under $3.00, I'm willing to let myself believe that it worked!

After all, I don't want to have to go the Botox route. Because while I don't want to see wrinkles on my forehead, I'd still like the ability to move it!

No comments:

Post a Comment