Monday, September 28, 2009

You look a little flushed!

I would love to say that I have candy apple cheeks. Perfectly flushed like I've just been out on a winters day, or out for a run. Not really the case. I'm not willing to be stand outside all winter to get some colour in my cheeks. And as for that post-workout look, my cheeks definitely look flushed, as does my entire face. Luckily there are lip and cheek stains. Now I can fake a natural flush!

I tend to switch up which products I buy. Here are my top three:

1) Pomegranate Crush Lip and Cheek Stain by Stila. This gives a beautiful rich wine colour. Lightly pomegranate scented. Find it at Sephora. It also comes in Cherry and Mango.

2) Benetint by Benefit. This is the grand dame of lip and cheek stain. It was originally designed to "highlight" certain areas of strippers. Now, I'm not sure what it does from you lady parts, but it provides a great sheer rosy colour to your face. Pick it up at Sephora and Shoppers Drug Mart.

3) Stainiac by TheBalm. This is the cheapest of the three. Applies with a wand instead of a brush. Fantastic colour. It doesn't stay in your lips as long as the others, but for the price it's a great way to try a stain. Available at Sephora.

Application of these products is a snap. Just be sure to build the colour slowly, start light and blend blend blend. An accidental heavy hand can result in you looking like a drunken clown. Not a good look.

No comments:

Post a Comment