Saturday, September 19, 2009

A cut above

I've been in a fantastic relationship for the last 3 years. It's great. Easy and stress free. I'm so happy. I'm speaking of course of me and my hairstylist. She is the BEST. Love her. Credit for the discovery of Anelise at the John Steinberg salon actually goes to my sister. We had been going to a stylist in Yorkville. The place was good, but rather pricey. So when she saw an ad in a magazine for the John Steinberg salon she decided to give them a try. Foolishly I questioned her decision. I thought she was nuts to try someone new. Then I saw her hair. She looked amazing, and paid half of what it was costing me. I was immediately sold. I wanted to try this new place too. I booked an appointment with the same person she saw (Anelise) and within 5 minutes was in love. She's delightful. Loads of personality, unbelievably friendly and boy-oh-boy can she cut hair! She is a styling genius. The best is that she listens to her clients, takes their comments in and offers her own input. I always bring in photos with me of hair styles I want. We review and discuss in depth. (she actually keeps all the images I bring in. There is a stack of them in her drawer!) Also amazingly, is that her cuts grow out really really well. I only need to see her maybe 3 or 4 times a year. Her goal is to make you leave looking and feeling fantastic. And you do! My friend and I went to see her today and spent the rest of the afternoon gushing over how much we loved our hair, while vainly seeking out reflective surfaces to check ourselves out in. I have recommended her to all of my friends. In fact, I think all of my friends go to her. And they all have amazing looking hair. The only problem... now I can't get appointments right away!

2 comments:

  1. I know this is a taboo question ... but do you mind sharing the price range? Your dentist recommendation worked out well, so I may just follow you around to all the pros you see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She charges $50 (I think it's $52.75 with tax) for a haircut. Worth every penny!

    ReplyDelete