Friday, September 4, 2009

Lets hear it for the boys!

Well, lets hear it for their clothes any way. If you've opened a magazine lately you've likely noticed that boyfriend inspired clothes are IN! If you have a boyfriend or husband, you should definitely start invading his closet. Luckily for single gals like me, almost every clothing store has "boyfriend" clothes in the ladies section. Jeans, t-shirts, button up shirts, cardigans, and jackets. Everything has gone "boyfriend". I have to say, I'm loving this trend. The looks are loose and comfy. And the more distressed they get from regular wear, the more authentic they look. But one thing to keep in mind is not to wear all these items together. Pair them with something girly. I once tried matching boyfriend jeans with a boyfriend shirt and ended up looking like I should be painting houses for a living. I've bought a great pair of cropped boyfriend jeans at American Eagle. Club Monaco has beautiful cashmere boyfriend cardigans in both the men's and women's sections. I bought mine on sale earlier this year (sales there are great). I love this sweater. It's long and crazy cozy. Aritzia has great boyfriend dress shirts and t-shirts (super soft and well priced). 

But my favourite "boyfriend" item is my men's Invicta watch. It's manly and GIANT. I wear it everyday. I get many compliments on this watch. There's a barista at Starbucks who only recognizes me because of this watch. And it's size is actually a bit of a public service. I often see people on the subway (like 10 feet away from me) looking at my wrist to see what time it is. You're welcome!

2 comments:

  1. The Husband closet invade only works if your Husband is close in size .... if I wore his boyfriend jeans I'd need to supplement with a mighty powerful belt. Or suspenders. Are they in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are actually trendy - could be very Mary-Kate and Ashely Olsen! If Victoria Beckham can borrow David's anyone should be able to do it. There's always Husbands sweaters...

    ReplyDelete