Sunday, September 13, 2009

A nice little Saturday

So today I got to see some TIFF movies. In between screenings I had a few hours to kill. All I wanted was to find a patio to sit on, where I could have a sandwich and read my book. I walked around Yorkville and quickly realized that this would be impossible. The place was bananas! Everyone was out looking for George Clooney or Oprah. Craziness. So I walked up Yonge a little and decided to try out the Black Camel. This is a little sandwich shop across the street from Rosedale subway station. I'd been meaning to try this place for a while as I've heard it's fantastic. Well I heard right! I got a seared steak sandwich and side of coleslaw to go. The sandwich was amazing. Super fresh bun, paper thin slices of rare steak and the perfect amount of dijon and horseradish (you can pick from several sauces/condiments). The coleslaw was crisp and crunchy with a light creamy dressing that had a fantastically healthy dose of fresh pepper. And hello... is that apple I see in the coleslaw? Why I believe it is! I love apple in coleslaw. My mom does this too. If you've never tried it, you should. It's GOOD. I took my tasty little lunch and walked over to the park across the street, sat under a tree, read my book and enjoyed a spectularily relaxed Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment