Thursday, December 3, 2009

"Is it wrong that we ordered this much food?"

When it comes to sushi, I'm a little picky. I blame Japan. Living there for a year spoiled me. When you've had the best, it's hard to settle for anything less. So when someone tells me that they went to the "best" sushi restaurant, I'm always a little skeptical. Until recently. A friend at work recommended we go to Yuzu Sushi on Adelaide. We went. I ordered the Crunch Spicy Salmon roll. AMAZING! It's now my favourite sushi place in Toronto.

The other week my friend Sibylle and I went. We decided that we'd each get the Crunch Spicy Salmon roll, and share something else. So we looked over the menu. Several things caught our eye. I was in the mood for Tempura. Great, we'd share the shrimp and veggie tempura.

Oh... but wait... the Gyoza dumplings also sound good... "Is it wrong that I want both?", Sibs asked. "Ummm, noooooo!", was my reply. So we got it all. When the food arrived, our table looked rather full. "Is it wrong that we ordered this much food" we wondered? "Ummm, noooo!" was our answer. Everything was so GOOD! Upon finishing our feast Sibs asked me "Is it wrong that I could totally eat more?". "Ummm, nooooo!", was my reply.

We decided it would be inappropriate for us to order anymore food. When we went back there for lunch today, there wasn't any doubt or questioning. We ordered it all again! Mmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment