Sunday, December 6, 2009

Kick up your heels!

I love high heels. I blame Sex and the City. Years watching Carrie Bradshaw strut around New York in beautiful shoes. I dream of owning a pair of Louboutins. Gorgeous sky high heels. They look great, and make your legs look great. But.... they can be murder on your feet. It often seems that the more gorgeous the shoes, then more painful. Some shoes seem as though they've been designed just for standing. (Because walking in them is impossible!). So the idea of a pair of heels that you could wear all day AND be comfortable did not seem possible.

Well I saw a feature on TV about heels from Cole Haan. They had partnered with Nike to bring the cushioning technology of Nike sneakers into high heels. The claim was that you could wear these heels all day and not have any foot pain. I was skeptical but intrigued. So I went down to the Cole Haan store on Bloor after work one day. I had been wearing heels all day. My feet were sore. And these were not even very high heels. Maybe one inch. Small. I saw a pair of gorgeous black patent leather peep toe pumps. 3 1/4 inches. I had never been able to wear heels this high. I had always found them super uncomfortable and looked like a new born giraffe stumbling around (very graceful and elegant!). So I decided to test this comfort theory and try them on. Oh. My. God! They were BEYOND comfortable! It was like they had been made for my foot. I was in love. But like most love stories, there was a tragic plot twist. These perfect shoes were a little pricey. Not Louboutin pricey, but not cheap. So I sadly left the store empty handed, but with a goal in mind. I would own these shoes!

Fortunately, this love story has a happy ending. With a little saving, I was able to buy my shoes.They were worth every penny. I LOVE them. They are well made, comfortable and classic. Perfect for work and play. (especially if "play" includes dancing up a storm for several hours...) Great for a holiday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment