Monday, December 21, 2009

Let the holiday sugar high begin!

Holiday baking is the best. Best. BEST! It seems everyone has their family specialty. Usually some sort of cookie. Recipes that have been passed down over the years. Perfected over time. Only made at Christmas time. Loved by all. My favourite Christmas cookie recipes come courtesy of my aunt and Mom. Growing up my Auntie Sue would make shortbread cookies. I'm not entirely sure where the recipe came from but I LOVE them. At some point, I became the one who makes them for our family Christmas dinners. Now each year, I bake them on Christmas eve. My Dad acts as official taste tester. They are his favourite. Every year he insists I make a double batch. Telling me that if I don't, then he'll make them himself. This has yet to happen...

My other favourite Christmas cookie is this mint chocolate sugar drop thing (I don't know their official name) my Mom makes. They have mint chocolate chips and are rolled in sugar before baking them. Little bites of heaven! My sister is now the one in charge of making these. (the kid does a fine job!)

Whatever your cookie or dessert of choice, now is the time to start baking! Let the sugar high begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment