Saturday, January 23, 2010

By request

This post is for my friend Katie. The other week Katie sent me a Facebook message that cracked me up:

Hey!
Driving home I thought of something you could write about for your blog (aka, I need help). How to keep your hair from being static-y!! I know that it's a real problem out there and I'm sure you have some kind of secret solution! Also, maybe you could blog about a hairspray you know of that doesn't make your hair stiff.

Great! Can't wait to read all about it!
K.

I loved that this read like something to an advice column. Dear Honey Bee... Signed Static Head. So I decided to help Katie out. (I'm such a good friend!) I had to research this problem. Try out some possible solutions. And I had to do it quick - Katie was hounding me! (She's actually messaging me as I'm writing this!) So after a week of trial and error, I came up with what I think is a good fix. First, volumizing shampoo. This is key. I like Herbal Essences Body Envy. I had been using moisturizing shampoo and it was making my hair too soft. I've realized that too soft equals static. Second, after drying my hair I apply a small drop of Loreal's Tec Hot Style Iron Finish cream. I find that just the small amount of product helps add the right amount of weight to my hair. Keeps it frizz free. Finally, a little spray of L'oreal Texture Expert - Infinium 4 Extreme Hold Finishing Spray. You really don't need much of this. And it can also serve Katie's second problem able wanting to find a hairspray that doesn't make your hair stiff.

So there you have it K. Advice on static free hair, and non-stiff hairspray. I hope it works for you! Now get off my back!

(Katie's already made a request for another post. This time she'd like help with how to use chop sticks. I'll see what I can do...)

No comments:

Post a Comment