Thursday, January 14, 2010

Some like it hot...

I love my Mom. And I love her cooking. But she and my sister can not eat spicy food. At all. The only problem is that my Dad and I LOVE spicy food. The hotter the better! Growing up, we had really tasty meals, just not spicy meals. So if we want anything with heat, we have to add it ourselves. In university I discovered Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce. My friends and I used to go to a Thai restaurant that had it on the tables. I loved it! But the stuff was super hot! I could only use a couple of drops without tearing up. Well that was six years ago. NOW I can drizzle it like ketchup! (It's amazing in scramble eggs) I have developed a mouth of steel!

Or so I thought...

Friends Steve and Sibylle recently turned me on to Terroni's hot peppers. You can request them when at the restaurant. AND you can buy them by the jar. They are REALLY hot. More then a couple sprinkled on a plate of pasta and my mouth is on fire! Just like I like it!

1 comment:

  1. I adore Sriracha - is very good. Also am a hot sauce lover - have to have it on 90% of things I eat. I also collect them!

    ReplyDelete