Monday, January 25, 2010

What have I gotten myself into...

Well. It's official. I've registered for a full marathon training program. I won't be running a full marathon until the fall. But I've got my game plan. I thought I'd start out "slowly" with a 30km race. Then "drop down" to a half marathon in the spring. Then ramp back up to the full 42.2km in the fall. Yes. You read that right. I'm now at the point in my running career where 30km is slow, and a half marathon is taking a break. What the what?!

Am I nervous? You bet. Scared? Oh Yeah. Shaking in my trainers? Oh hell yes! But I gotta stay positive. Need to channel my inner Little Engine That Could - I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!!

So ask of you a small favour. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. And heres hoping that I kick some asphalt!

(Oh, and don't be surprised if we now experience bad weather on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Sundays. Those are the days we run. If history is any indication Mother Nature is not always kind to us!)

No comments:

Post a Comment