Sunday, January 17, 2010

Enjoying the simple (and pretty) pleasures

For Christmas my parents got me a gorgeous Le Creuset kettle. I was with them when I first saw it in a shop on the Danforth. They knew I loved it (I may have said so about 30 or 40 times). They bought one for themselves and we continued shopping. When we ended up in front of the kitchen store, on the other side of the street my parents stopped about 5 feet behind me. Started whispering. I see my Mom hand my Dad a credit card. Then he says "well sweety, I'm tired and going to sit in the car while you and Mom finish up shopping." My Mom says she and I should continue walking along the Danforth a little longer. Subtle. They are lovely people, but not very stealth. So I was VERY happy (if not very surprised) to get the kettle on Christmas morning! Thanks Mom and Dad!

My favourite thing to do now on Saturday and Sunday is make coffee using my new kettle. I used to have a french press. I love it, but always ended up making way to much coffee (there's only so much a girl can drink!). So now I use the Starbuck Via single serving instance coffees. I don't normally like instant coffee, but these are actually really good! Sure, using a stove top whistle kettle may not be super fast, but it's so nice to putter around the apartment Saturday and Sunday morning and relax. It's the simple pleasures that I love the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment