Thursday, January 21, 2010

How illuminating!

Lighting. Oh my goodness. I had no idea how difficult it was to find good lighting. Who figures finding a nice lamp is going to be hard?! I certainly didn't. BOY was I wrong! Of course, it doesn't help that I'm picky. Or that I read a lot of design magazines and blogs. I couldn't decide what I wanted. But it had to be cool. I searched high and low. And I did find many lamps that I liked. The one problem? I did not want to pay $895. How the heck does a little table lamp cost $895?! Craziness. So I continued searching. In stores. Online. Back to stores. Back online. Then finally I found it. My perfect little bedside lamp. The Pablo Tube Top lamp. Molded acrylic base and mesh shade. It was perfect! Just what I wanted. And it was completely affordable! Now the problem. Deciding what colour to get. I was torn between the yellow and pink. So I did what all indecisive gals do, text messaged my design savvy best friend. Sibylle liked the hot pink for a bedroom lamp. As always, she was right on the money. When turned on it casts a fabulous pink light. Very flattering. (The yellow would have made me look jaundice.)

Where did I find this little baby? Morba. It's a fantastic home store on Queen Street West. Loads of mid century and contemporary stuff. Both reproduction and vintage. They also have a great website. That's where I ordered my lamp. If you don't want to pay a ridiculous shipping fee, and happen to live in Toronto, they have the option of ordering from the site and picking up in store. That's what I did. I had my lamp the next day. What a bright idea ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment