Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year, new apartment!

Happy 2010! I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday! I've certainly been a busy little bee...

In November my work contract was extended for another year (!). This sent me on an immediate search for a new apartment. Happily I found one right away. A great one too! I decided a January move in would be perfect - new year, new home, new start. This sounded like a great idea at the time. I would soon realize that trying to prepare for a move over the holidays was a rather stressful undertaking! I was going to need help. Moving is the WORST. So I decided to get professionals. I did some internet research and got recommendations from friends who had recently moved. I settled on El Cheapo Movers. They had come highly recommended by my friend Laura at work. But still, with a name like "El Cheapo", I was a little worried. As it turns out, I had nothing to be worried about. The two man crew arrived early on moving day. They were super friendly, polite, careful and QUICK! They had everything loaded into the truck in less then 45 minutes. The entire move took just over 2 hours cost only $275 and everything arrived in one piece. I would recommend these movers to anyone! Totally made the day much less stressful.

Now I'm in my new place, completely unpacked and organized! So far, 2010 is starting off great!


No comments:

Post a Comment