Sunday, January 10, 2010

Nutritious and delicious!

In typical New Year's resolution style, I've decided to try and start eating healthier. Less junk. More home cooking. But I enjoy snacking. So I've been looking for healthy snack options. Something more exciting then baby carrots. So I was very excited to once again stumble upon a recipe for roasted seasoned chick peas. I've made spicy cajun ones in the past and loved them. This new recipe comes from the cookbook Two Dishes. Their recipe uses sage, rosemary, thyme and lemon. Super tasty. They are the perfect guilt free snack. Good for you, filling and delicious.

Basic recipe: Mix a can of drained rinsed chickpeas with 2 tbsp. of olive oil and whatever seasonings you want. Bake on a cookie sheet at 400°F for 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature. Store in an air tight container for up to a week. But trust me. They won't last that long...

No comments:

Post a Comment