Monday, November 16, 2009

The Best in the World!


It's hard to believe that there was a time in my life that I didn't like olives. It seems hard to believe now. But I used to HATE them. I think it was because my Mom doesn't like olives (yeah, when in don't, blame the mother...). Then one afternoon last year I was having afternoon drinks with friends at the Hyatt. They served these spicy olives. I thought I'd try one. Boy am I glad I did! They were amazing!! I think I ate the whole batch. I was so happy to discover that Whole Foods sold a similar spiced olive. Pretty soon I was buying olives every week. I became a woman obsessed! So imagine my delight when I heard there was a place on the Danforth that claimed to have the world's best olives! They were even so bold as to name their store "The Best Olives In The World". Well, my friend Sibylle and I decided we'd be the judges of that! So on Saturday (after the Santa Claus parade!) we headed over. The store is located on the Danforth, just West of Donlands. What did we find?

Spicy Red Pepper Olives...
Lemony olives...
Mixed olives...The shop keeper was delightful. Super friendly, very informative and offered to let us try every variety of olive in the store. We were in HEAVEN! They were all so unbelievably good! We finally settled on three varieties to take home and proceeded to eat them until we had stomach aches. Well worth it! And, it should be noted that the store also sell the most amazing olive oil. I will be coming back here often...

No comments:

Post a Comment