Monday, November 23, 2009

Stop and smell the roses. And daisies. And tulips...

I love fresh flowers. They just make a space look... well... fresh! Pretty. Cheerful! They make me happy. Especially as the weather gets colder, it's lovely to come home to a beautiful arrangement of flowers. But, as with most things, I've very particular about what I like. I like to keep my arrangements simple. Sticking with a single type of flower in different colours, or a couple different types of flowers in the same colour, or the same flower in the same colour. Some might find this boring. I think it's simple. Elegant. Chic. Displayed in a simple glass vase, it's the easiest way to add a little cheer to any room.

There are two places in Toronto I go to buy flowers. The first is along Avenue Rd, just South of Davenport, there are a string of little flower markets. Each shop has buckets and buckets of beautiful fresh flowers. Tons of variety and fantastic prices.

My second favourite is a little store on College St. called Pink Twig. It's adorable. Girly and modern. The store owners remind me of me and my friends. If I were to own a shop, it would be like Pink Twig. They always have a great selection of seasonal blooms and other pretty home decor pieces like vases and pillows.

No comments:

Post a Comment