Friday, November 27, 2009

Say cheese!

So last Friday at the Gourmet Food & Wine Expo my cousin Sarah and I tried many great wines and samples some REALLY GREAT cheeses! They were so good that we had to buy them right then and there. One was a soft surface ripened cheese called Sir Laurier D'Arthabaska. The second was a ash covered goat cheese called Le Cendrillon. I've happily discovered both are available at Loblaw's

On Monday night I had dinner at my friend Traven's. (He made a fantastic batch of chili!) I decided to bring my yummy new cheese purchases for snacking. I think it's fair to say we were both glad I did! Upon trying the Sir Laurier Trav's only comment was "Wow!". I had to agree. It was even better then I remembered. Same goes for the goat cheese. However, I do agree with Traven's observation - it's delicious if you can get past the fact that it looks rather unappetizing. (The ash on top looks a lot like mold). Fortunately, we were able to get past it. Both cheeses were amazing!

Equally enjoyable was the movie we watched after dinner - The Brothers Bloom. Funny and completely charming. Made me fall in love with Adrien Brody again. (i LOVE him!!) Traven had Rachel Weisz to enjoy, so we were both happy campers.

Good movie, good food and a good friend = good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment