Monday, November 30, 2009

The Paper Place

I first heard about The Paper Place (formally known as The Japanese Paper Place) in university. Our printmaking professors spoke of it like it was heaven. Anytime a gallery field trip to Toronto was scheduled the print students would head over to the Queen West location and come back with sheet upon sheet of beautiful Japanese paper. When I finally went I immediately understood what all the fuss was about. The store is gorgeous. Amazing printed paper as far as the eye can see. So you may think it weird that I would recommend this paper store as a great place to buy gifts. Well, you would be wrong. They have great little items imported from Japan (some things still have the yen price stickers on them!). Calendars, water bottles, ceramic, tons and tons of super cute little stationery items and nick nacks. Fantastic place for stocking stuffers. I went on the weekend... A purchase or two was made...

No comments:

Post a Comment