Thursday, November 26, 2009

Like sand through the hour glass...

So are the days of our lives...

This post is dedicated to my friend Lindsay. She and I are big Days Of Our Lives fans. Like HUGE. I blame Lindsay for my new found obsession. It started about a month again. It was the night before our friend Sibylle's wedding and we had to get together to work on our speak for the reception. I had been telling Lindsay that I had recently discovered Rogers on Demand. I was thrilled that I was able to watch Young & the Restless when I got home from work. She wanted to know if Days was also available. It was. She got very excited. After our dinner arrived (Swiss Chalet of course) I remembered that I still had a load of laundry to pick up at the laundromat. I popped out of the house for a minute to pick it up. When I got back and opened the apartment door I was greeted with the funniest image - Linds curled up on the couch, eating her Swiss Chalet and watching Days Of Our Lives. Too funny!

So I started watching with her and within 5 minutes was hooked! I had watched Days YEARS ago and it took all of 10 minutes to figure out what was going on. Linds helped fill in the blanks. One episode was all it took. I had to watch more. It's my new guilty pleasure. Now Lindsay and I send each other hilarious "Disclaimer" emails through out the week, recapping our favourite moments. We share a love of a "Dashing" englishmen named E.J. (short for Elvis Junior) Our conversations go something like this "Is he a bad boy who wants to be good? Or a good guy who does things that are bad? Either way we LOVE him!"

So if you have a desire to see really funny over acting, loads of tears and drama and at least one passionate makeout a day - I highly recommend watching a soapy soap opera!

No comments:

Post a Comment