Saturday, November 28, 2009

It's one of a kind!

I try to go to the Christmas One Of A Kind Show every year. It's a great place for gift shopping. But it can be overwhelming. There are a LOT of vendors. A lot of stuff. If you try to look at every booth, you'll be there for ever. I like to power shop. So to help you make your trip to the show a little easier, here are some of my favourites:

There are tons of food vendors. And almost all of them have samples(!) The Bean Ladies and Tickleberry's are always crowd pleasers. Great for stocking stuffers. Wicked Gourmet makes fantastic dips and sauces - and they have some great deals available at the show. My new favourite is Sohot Sauce (Cilantro Sutra was the best!) You also can't go wrong with cookies from Mad Batter Bakers.

If you're in the market for cute baby and children's stuff, Mally Bibs makes the most adorable leather bibs. For clothes, check out Red Thread Design. And then there is Monster Factory. They make the cutest stuffed animals (or rather monsters) for your little monster!

If you like pottery and cermanics, you're in luck. There are some great vendors at the show this year. Richard Fisher Pottery makes beautiful stuff. I got one of his mugs last year. It's the perfect size for your Sunday morning coffee. The designs also remind me of being at the cottage. At The Wroot Of It makes super cute and very girly pieces. Their mugs have cute little messages at the bottom so you get to see them as you finish your beverage!

Maybe you're like me and have a thing for bling. Well they've got that too! I loved Eles Designs. Saw her stuff earlier this year at the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition. Gorgeous. I also love Dushka Jewellery. I bought one of their necklace about 4 years ago, and still love today! There pieces are beautiful (although the owners are not necessarily the friendliest...)

Perhaps my favourite purchase was courtesy of Ophelie Hats. They make the most fabulous (slightly over the top) hats and hair bands. I bought a felt flower hair band from them. It's very similar to ones I've seen in fancy shops on Bloor St. but it only cost $20! Score!

I also loved the clothes from Luved. They make super comfy and stylish tops and jackets. Sweatshirt material but way nicer then a plan old hoodie. Perfect weekend wear. I sadly didn't buy one, and am now kinda kicking myself about it. Fortunately, they sell at stores downtown and online. So I can still get something!

Those are my favourites vendors from the show, but they have SO MANY things, you're sure to find something for everyone on your gift list! The One Of A Kind show runs until Dec. 6. I recommend going around dinner time as the crowds aren't as crazy. Happy Shopping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment